The legends – To Cecile, with love


I am not a Shinhwa fan. I don’t know the members’ name, I don’t listen their music and I don’t watch their shows and performances. But whenever I watch one of their two latest music videos – either Venus or This Love – my heart trembles.

When I saw Venus for the first time, my first reaction was „Oh my God, they are so… adult”. I couldn’t find a better description. After those young boys from the regular k-pop bands – who are sometimes younger than me and could be my younger brothers – it was shocking to see these mature, adult singers. They are real men – not boys, not young men but real men. I know, the members of Big Bang, Super Junior and DBSK aren’t that young anymore, however, in my opinion they still try to maintain their teenage-image. With a lot success, I have to say. On the other side, Shinhwa-guys do not want to appeal something which they are not. Their style is mature and fit to their age. And they are still doing this, singing and dancing and stuff, so probably they really do it for the joy, and not for money or fame – they had enough of them already. Moreover, they are doing it together, without losing any member.

I envy them. They do in what they’re good at and what they probably love and enjoy.

And a little bonus just for Cecile: any association while looking at their emblem?

by Alla

Comments

Popular Posts