How to kill the Christmas?




Simply. By starting the Christmas sales and advertising stuff in the middle of November. Really, it’s not even December or Advent, but everywhere I go, I can see the Christmas decorations, Christmas products and even Christmas trees.
            I am not narrow-minded on religious questions, but I think Christmas has a deep and good meaning – let it be the birth of Jesus, the celebration of love, family, etc. – and I do believe that Christmas should remain a somewhat religious holiday. Either you celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ or the family and you beloved ones, it should be a private, warm and familiar celebration. But by making the whole holiday into a big market, it kills the whole meaning and feeling of the original Christmas. When I look at the huge Christmas tree set up in a plaza, I feel the urge to buy something grandiose and expensive present, and it’s not even important whether the gifted person need or love that present. It is all about spending more and more, and not about the meaning and values of Christmas.

by Alla

Comments

Popular Posts