Kedvencekhez / Watchlist – Dum laga ke haisha / My big fat bride



 
Credit: wikipedia.org
Even though I haven’t seen it myself, Dum laga ke haisha (दम लगा के हईशा) is on my watchlist since I’ve watched its trailer – and today the international trailer is also out, and I’m sitting here hoping that somehow, by some miracle it’ll find its way to the Hungarian cinemas.

The basic concept of the film is an arranged marriage in the 90’s. The leading pair seems odd enough: a good looking, but school dropout young man and a “fat cow”, schoolteacher woman. I simply like these kind of stories, when the main characters are not perfect but simple, ordinary people with their own faults and ugliness, and maybe their romance is also ordinary and simple – but it’s realistic and beautiful.

The film opened to very positive response for its leading actors and script, and based on what I’ve seen from the trailers and the songs, they truly deserve to be praised. However, what made me to fall in love the film was the soundtrack.
First the title song, Dum laga ke haisha – it’s so energetic and joyful, whenever I listen to it I always want to dance.
Then Dard kaarara – still joyful, but in a modest way and makes me want to sing along.
And then Prem’s Theme – I know, I know, everybody’s favourite is Moh Moh Ke Dhaage, but for me, Prem’s Theme comes before Moh Moh. It has the feeling of those gloomy, rainy days when the whole city is quiet and peaceful.

Btw, here’s the full soundtrack:

And the international trailer:

Back to the “screen it in Hungary!” topic, though the probability is low, it’s not impossible. Do you know The Lunchbox? It was also screening in Hungarian cinemas under the title Ezerízű szerelem.

by Alla

Comments

Popular Posts