Christmas / Karácsony



My Christmas this year started when I went to watch The Nutcracker ballet with my grandmother on the second week of December. I really love the ballet – I first saw when I was a three or four years old little girl. I still remember that night. We watched it in the Hungarian Opera House, I wore my best dress, deep royal purple and black velvet with silver ornaments, and we sat in one of the boxes, not far from the royal box.

This year, however, the performance was not in the Opera House but in Erkel Theatre, as the Opera House is under renovation. They cut out a few scenes from the ballet (for example the boat scene), but it was still wonderful and magical. Since then I have been listening Tchaikovsky’s masterpiece all the time, and then the trailer of the new Nutcracker movie from Disney came out, and I discover the music in every Hallmark Christmas film I watch… it seems that there’s simply no Christmas without The Nutcracker.

So with this video, I’d like to wish you a merry Christmas and a blessed, successful New Year.


Alla

Comments

Popular Posts