Five cute Asian movies you should watch



The following list contains my ever-favourite Asian movies – in some cases I don’t even know the exact reason why I feel they’re somewhat special or meaningful, I just do feel. They may not be the best ones according to the ’professional’ reviews or box office, but in my world they have highlighted roles.


 The first – Japan: My Rainy Days (Tenshi no koi, 天使)




Apart from the fact that I really like the main actor, Tanihara Shosuke, the whole movie itself is loveable. Usually I don’t like when one of the main characters is suffering from some deadly desease, specially cancer, but in this case the director found the exact measurments to tell us about the desease.
Why I love the movie? As I’ve mentioned above, I am not sure about the exact reason, but maybe because it taught me that everbody can change and can be a good person. Even those ’plaza kitty’ girls from the high school.


The second – Taiwan: The Most Distance Course (Zuì yáoyuǎn de jùlí, 最遙遠的距)




Usually I don’t watch road movies, but this one is an exception. It made me realise how much my hearing is important – it seems natural, but when it disappears, you loose half of the world. Have you ever listened to the sounds of the nature? Since I live in a city, most of the times I listen music while I am going somewhere and taking the public transportation. But when the wind blows, I take off my earphones, and listen to the wind – or when I am near to some water, I always listen to it. It’s beautiful.
I have never imagined that this beauty can be displayed in a movie, but it’s possible. And moreover, within a love story – a love story, where the two main characters actually never meet and they don’t know each other, but you just know that they are in love and someday they will meet for sure.


 The third – Korea: Cutting the Heart (Maeumeul jareuda, 마음을 자르)






Cutting the Heart is not a movie, but an episode from KBS drama special series. Im Jikyu, the main actor is one of my favourites – he is somewhat neglected, but he is really talented and handsome as well (he is a little bit like JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong, don’t you think?). So I watched this drama only for him, but at the end I caught myself watching it again and again.
One of my university professors used to tell us that the most precious and wonderful thing in the world is nothing but one’s life. He is right. Even when you want to give it up, you mustn’t do it. You are liable to the others for your own life. To me, this is the message of this drama.
The only fly in the ointment is that the end was just… cut, as if the director had wanted to tell us more, but he didn’t have enough time and had to end the story halftime.


The fourth – China: The Law of Attraction (Wan You Yin Li, 萬有引)

A not so well known, but cute movie with four different and separate love stories. My personal favourite and also the best one in my opinion – is the fist one with Bai Baihe and Wen Zhang (from Love Is Not Blind). Their chemistry is magical and makes the story vibrant and vivid.
And why is this my beloved one? Because it reminded me myself. I take the subway everday to go to school, and during my trip I like to observe the other passengers. It happened that, for example, on every Wednesday, I took the metro with the same two guys. We didn’t know each other, but still, I always felt familiar when we were on the train.

The fifth – India: Aiyyaa (Aiyyaaअइय्या)
I was considering to write about some other Indian movies, but maybe in another article. Why I finally chose Aiyaa is because in some way this is the most artistic Hindi movie I have ever seen. It reminds me those art movies by Korean and French or Chinese directors, but at the same time, it is really individual and really Indian – and with the starring of one of the greatest Bollywood actresses, Rani Mukherji.
The movie plays with the senses again: this time the smelling; you could smell the incense aura of Surya. The colours are also important and symbolic. Oh, and the soundtrack, the soundtrack…



by Alla

Comments

Popular Posts