On-off screen couples

I really don’t know how to introduce the topic, so let me use the in medias res – on screen and off screen couples!

I felt myself the happiest person in the world when I found out that my favourite actor and my favourite actress will star together in a movie, and in addition, they will be an on screen couple. I was sooo ecxited about that movie!
But I became the most depressed person in the world, when the movie was released and I realised that actually they do not match to each other. They don’t have the chemistry and – what is more painful – they have a somehow strange, or let’s say, not so good relationship off screen: they never interact with each other in front of the cameras, never have a chat (while they seem to be on good terms with the other staff members) nor they look at each other. The actor even said almost nothing about the actress, while the actress at least praised him for being superstar.

You know, it’s really sad and disappointing when the things between the lead couple don’t work out well. It’s like breaking your dream world. On the other hand, when the lead actors get along very well and everybody can feel the chemistry, I often wish they would be together in real life – for example in the case of Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman. And when they actually get together after a successful movie or drama – that’s the cutest and most loveable thing ever. Even though I didn’t like the story of Queen Inhyeon’s man, I still loved the drama because of the lead actors and their turn-to-be-real romance. Even if Ji Hyeonwoo had been my bias, I still would have not cared about he and Yu Inna being together, because they are just a perfect couple.

by Alla

Comments

Popular Posts