Samurai Wars – Japonisme meets Star Wars


Credit: http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/282360_S/Samurai-Darth-Vader.jpg

Today I was browsing 9gag, and suddenly two Samurai Wars images faced me – and I thought that „hey, it’s somehow bizarre, but a great idea.” You can criticize new episodes of Star Wars because of the lack of a strong, good story and the midichlorians, but the three new episodes do have very strong cultural basis and diversity, which is a good point.

Apart from the fact that the Naboo is probably the most beautiful place in the whole universe, there are Queen Amidala’s gorgeous gowns, the misterious water empire of the Gungans and the wonderful architecture of Geonosis. And now the Samurai Wars somehow got me and my imagination. My favourite is Darth Vader, but I like Princess Leia’s kimono as well.


If you think about it, Obi-wan does resemble a traditional martial arts master, while Chewbacca is like Godzilla and Luke is the young ninja-samurai predestinated to save the world from the evil daimyo, Darth Vader.

by Alla

Comments

Popular Posts