Remembering and stuffs

As I sat down in front of the computer to surf the net and do other useless stuffs, suddenly I recalled out of nowhere a part of a track I used to listen a lot. It was quite a shock as I hadn’t listenet it for almost a year and I was surprised that I still remember the details of the voices, the beat, everything. I immediately looked for it on Youtube – and I am still listening to it, while writing this post.

Listening to this or any other, long-time-no-heard tracks is like a trime travel. For me every song has its special, unique feeling and because of this usually they are linked with periods in my life and very strong memories, emotions and moods typified these periods. With only one listening they can take me back to those times when I was listening them for hours. To be more concrete, in this case the music is Running by HIT-5, and the period is when this was the only one mandopop track I listened and the others were all k-pop. (Now the ratio is exactly the opposite: 90% of the songs is Chinese ones, and only 10% is Korean and Japanese).


We had an external hard drive, and I store my music on it. But the hard drive broke down and all of my music got lost. Of course my phone stores them too, but not every one of them, only the most beloved ones. I cannot remember every song I had listened in my life, even if they occupied a long term, maybe even three or more months. But sometimes, though I no longer love that style or that band, I still would like to listen my old songs, because they recall my past. (And it is a good thing to re-discover them, especially when the singers are handsome.)

by Alla

Comments

Popular Posts