Korean music beyond mainstream pop

Do you have times when you would like to listen Korean music, but not the mainstream and not k-pop? Recently I have more and more often these kind of moments, and to be honest, I tend to listen mandopop instead of k-pop, but I know not everybody is such a mandopop-lover like me. So here are my top 3 non-mainstream and non-pop music from Korea.

The common thing in them is that they make me feel calm and peaceful. I think they are the best ’studying music’, the songs to listen while learning, because they don’t distract the attraction.

1. Gyukwon 규원 – Railroad 기찻길

The music video reminds me the bedtime stories I used to watch in televison when I was a young child. It has a special feeling that can help me to bring back my childhood.

2. Park Juwon 박주원 – Sad Fiesta 슬픔의 피에스타

All of the comments say that this is pure talent. I agree. The music video is simple, but I like this simpleness and the colour schemes. The music itself has a little Greek feeling – at least for me.

3. Ahn Eunjeong 안은정 – Butterfly 나비

The last one is a lady – and she is my personal favourite. The song, the music video, everything is just perfect. The scenes and the colours are breathtaking, and the melody is like the blowing and dancing wind. Sometimes my heart beats according to the beat of the song. And again my childhood memories…

I hope you like them and have beautiful moments while listening!

by Alla

Comments

Popular Posts