Snow, cold and magic – Watchlist of winter movies


It’s already December, Christmas is coming, and sometimes I get the mood to watch a good winter-movie – about Christmas, not about Christmas, it’s all the same, just has to be something with winter. I was wondering which movies are the ones not mainstream and not in the  ’to watch it every Chirstmas’ category, but still enjoyable and sweet ones. I don’t know whether I find more later or not, but here is my list with five movies.

Narnia – The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

Okay, this is maybe in the ’to watch it every Christmas’ category, but this is my favourite! Probably everybody knows it very well, so I won’t introduce it. I think this is the best among the Narnia-movies. (And the soundtrack… there isn’t any word to describe.)

The Nutcracker in 3D

Actually I loved this one when I watched it in cinema. The movie gained only negative reviews, and yes, probably it isn’t the movie of the century, however, it is sweet and c’mon, it’s the Nutcracker, it’s classic! There is no winter and Christmas without Tchaikovsky’s music and Hoffmann’s tale.

High School Debut

Bahaha, I won’t do spoiler, but this one got its place here because of the ending with Christmas scene. Classical love story about a popular guy and a fashion-disaster young girl – light, funny and can fix your mood. (And psst, but Cecile used to love it veryvery much.)

Snow Queen (2002, Hallmark)

The only adaptation of Snow Queen I have ever seen – and probably the best one. The original story of Gerda and Kai is a little bit changed, as they are adults and in love. The idea of the four seasons as rivalizing sisters and as each one has her dark reason to hold back Gerda was interesting.

White Christmas (Korean drama)

Odd one out! First, it’s a drama, not a movie. Second, it’s a thriller. It revolves around serious and thoughtful questions, such as a bad person is originally bad or was made bad by the outer world, and whether a person becomes himself a criminal if punishes a criminal. It was only 10 episodes, but that was the perfect length. The characters are well-written, the plot has twists and the actors are really good. And again the soundtrack… One of the best of the Korean dramas in my opinion.

Do you know some good winter movies? If you do, please let me know in comments. ^^

by Alla

Comments

Popular Posts