Let’s go and save the world!


Sometimes I listen movie soundtracks or so called ’epic music’. Those times I often feel that in the very following moment I grab my sword and go to save the whole world. Alone. Because I can and I am able to do.

My first favourite is Coronation from Stardust. Ilan Eshkeri did a very good job with the whole soundtrack, but this one and Shooting Star are the masterpieces. It perfectly fits for a coronation (unfortunately, only in a movie, because in real life it would be too kitchy) or even for a wedding ceremony.

The second one is The Battle from Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. This is the typical ’go and save the world’ song I mentioned earlier. I love the slow unfolding in the beginning and the alternation of lighter and darker periods.

The Lord of the Rings and Rohan. I am in love with the whole LOTR-soundtrack, but if I have to choose only one theme, then this is it. The hobbit theme reminds me of my home, but Rohan means my home, pride and dignity. And in addition, though it’s a little sad, at the same time feels familiar because of the violin solo – in Hungarian folk music the violin has the main role also.

The Fall main theme by Krishna Levy and Beethoven. Actually I used to listen a lot of classic music, mostly Liszt and Wagner, but I loved Beethoven as well. However, it was The Fall and Krishna Levy, who introduced me the 2nd movement of Symphony no.7 – in my opinion it’s far better than the Symphony no.9.

The fifth and last one in this list is the main theme of The Banquet, sung by Jane Zhang. She has beautiful voice and she is one of the most talented singers in mainland China. The song isn’t one with mass-produced style, but harmonises with the photography, story and feeling of the whole movie itself.

by Alla

Comments

Popular Posts