If I Were A Princess…

my most important obligations would be the followings.


1. Always serve my people
Every royalty – and not only them, but every politician and rich person – should keep in mind that their very first task is to serve the people. I am not a big fan of Spiderman-movies, but Uncle Ben was quite right when he said that the greater power also means greater responsibility. Serving the people doesn’t mean that you cannot buy elegant and expensive clothes – sometimes those clothes are simply needed when you have to represent your country –, but it means something similar to what Princess Amalie did in the movie The Princess’ Diaries 2. I would do charitable work, visit orphanages and hospices, schools and kindergardens, collect money for the poor, help the talented children, etc. And keeping the personal touch is also essential, so I would held royal audiences regularly.

2. Support and promote the national culture
A royalty is somebody who embodies the history, culture and connections of the country, independently of political and religious views. One of my greatest dream is that one day the Hungarian national and traditional dresses will revive if not in their original form, then in modernised way, similar to modern hanboks. I would support the Hungarian culture – both the traditional and modern, like making new movies and TV-dramas, organizing festivals and charity balls, promote the Hungarian folk tales instead of those stupid (I don’t want be overly nationalist, I don’t continue) … so those quality-lacking modern ones. But on the other hand I would introduce more traditional culture to the Hungarians, for example the Korean, the Chinese, the Mongol, the ancient Aztec and so on.

3. Marry someone who is the best for the country
I really wouldn’t care if I don’t love him. One of my most serious problems with dramas like Goong is that the main characters only care about their private life. I mean, HE IS A PRINCE. Marrying the girl who can be for the good of the country is the smallest thing he can do for his country and a thing he must have to do. I know, nowadays it is not so important anymore, because you cannot conclude political alliances by marriages, but still… If I were a princess, I would choose a suitable candidate, who is intelligent, clever, dutiful and if possible is from a royal or noble family. (Like Princess Mia did in the already mentioned movie. This is the main reason I love that movie, though at the end she does not marry.)

But first and foremost I would live an exemplary life. No drinking, no scandals, no parties, no plenty of boyfriends, no suspicious finances. I would like to serve as a model for the people.

by Alla (who is not a Princess)

Comments

Popular Posts